Tuesday 16 August 2011

HMITM 178

Challenge 178 - August 15, Just relax

 15 August is ‘Relaxation Day’, which is a fun theme for challenge. We all need to relax now and then and summer time is a particularly great time for relaxation. This week’s challenge is also to take a relaxed approach to scrapbooking and using some of your scraps. The challenge is to do a layout:
- About something that you find relaxing.
- Close your eyes and dig into your stash of scrap patterned papers and randomly pick out at 6 or more pieces of paper and use those on your layout. No peeking!
- Do the same thing and pick 10 or more random buttons, ribbons or pearls.
- Use 3 bits and pieces lying around on your desk (not patterned papers). If you have a clean desk, use 3 left-overs from your last project.
- 1 recycled item

About something that you find relaxing - Writing notes & and planning layouts in my notepad
Close your eyes and dig into your stash of scrap patterned papers and randomly pick out at 6 or more pieces of paper and use those on your layout. No peeking! - This proved a tad more difficult to not cheat! so I waited until Fi & Deb were online and I labelled random scraps with numbers 1 - 25 and got the girls to pick a number for me, to show there was no cheating I took a pic to prove I didnt just swap numbers lol All this was done under their watchful eyes on webcam! Let me tell you they didnt pick the pieces I wanted lol but on 3 of the scraps I used the backside and all in all my random was pretty co-ordinating!
Do the same thing and pick 10 or more random buttons, ribbons or pearls - I dont have anything organised(bad I know) so I just picked 10 random things that were in my "bits" box on the window sill it contains anything from die cuts to buttons to fabric scraps. I dipped my hand into my ribbon bag and pulled out a couple of things too!
Use 3 bits and pieces lying around on your desk (not patterned papers). If you have a clean desk, use 3 left-overs from your last project. - Lucky I do have a very messy desk so I tucked my hand under the top layer and picked lol
1 recycled item -  I accidentally picked 2 so I rolled with that
This is what I finally ended up with
And from that I created this


My only additions were the alphas for the title - Creative Process
This was real fun what with all the skyping and stuff, why don't you give it a try!
Toodle Pip xxx





2 comments:

  1. And she who said we picked out the wrong papers for you...lol This turned out beautifully. Love the picture you created such a dreamy looking layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love your style so far !

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your lovely comments