Thursday 19 July 2012

OUAS july - friends

I loved both the sketch and the theme at Once Upon A Sketch this month
This was the sketch
and the theme was Friends
                             This was my take



I am so lucky in my life to have "My Friends" my oldest friends and I have shared over 30 years of our lives together through thick and thin and I so hope that my children can find the same friendships in their lives

                                     Some close ups


I am rolling right along with Poppy's album now this is page 9 of 21 and I wanted to tell her how important friends are in our lives. I found this poem online and changed a few lines and words to fit what I wanted to say and then added it behind the picture on the layout.

It reads

Friendship is the kind of love
that will never grow old.
Warm and cozy it will stay
when other things are cold.
Friendship is a love so true
it will not be denied,
Because a friend will always be
close by your side.
Boyfriends and lovers come and go
in this game of life we play,
But a true friend, no matter what,
in your heart will always stay.
So hold these friends dear to you,
and never let them go.
Think how much they mean to you,
and make sure to tell them so.

I used some pretty Kaisercraft Miss Nelly collection papers and added some lace twine and bling. The "extraordinary" tag is by Authentique and the pennant "a very special day" is by Echo Park. I punched around the edge of the white cardstock with the Martha Stewart Cherish punch set
Hope you get chance to play along at OUAS this month there is some awesome DT inspiration
Toodle Pip xxx

22 comments:

  1. Such a stunning and fresh page! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful page! I love your interpretation of the sketch and the colors you choose. And this poem is so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is BEAUTIFUL!! I loveeeeeee the photo, the colors and loving the hidden journaling!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just gorgeous, Tracee!!! Love your take on the sketch!! And, lovin your new blog look!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout!! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love the circle photo. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the doily and the pink flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful! Love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too love the style of this page, it's clean, bright and cheerful!! Wonderful take on the challenge!! Thank you so much for joining us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous photo, gorgeous page, Tracee! The colors are so happy and lovely with that photo. Love how you framed the circular photo with the doily. Awesome interpretation of that sketch, and what a perfect poem you found!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really lovely! I love the simple yet wonderful message behind this page. It's a very 'happy' page--you did a great interpretation of this month's OUAS challenge--that poem says it all! Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely tribute to your friend and your friendship, Tracee! Love the colors and the clean and crisp take on the challenge. Great job! Thanks for playing along at OUAS.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow Tracee! this is such a beautiful beautiful page! as always your eye for perfect balance and design are amazing. Thanks ever so much for sharing this little gem with us at OUAS! xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all the white space and the pretty details. With the happy colors, this creation really pops! Thank you for playing with us at OUAS in July!

    ReplyDelete
  15. stunning work! love it!!! Thanks for playing wth us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wooow, what a stunning page!! So clear and so gorgeous!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW, love the bold colours and all the white space.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your choice of colors and the design! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow!I love it!So clean and simple!I love it more!Thank you for joining us at OUAS

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW Tracee....this is amazing! So loving what you've done with it! Simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fabulous! Love this!
      Thank you for joining us at OUAS

      Delete
  21. Yohoo Tracee! Congrats on your OUAS feature! *clapping hands*

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your lovely comments