Tuesday 30 October 2012

Papermaze - Focus on 6 x 6 paper pads

Today I'm up on the Papermaze blog where all week Wendy has been focusing on 6 x 6 pads ( I'm sure we all have some but how do we use them!)
There are plenty of tips here, here and here
I created a layout using the MME - The Sweetest Thing - Tangerine pad

I used another sketch from page drafts for this page.
 


 One of the papers in the My Mind's Eye  6 x 6 pad has an elements page. I cut them out and because they are in a smaller print, you can add more of them to the page without it looking too overcrowded.

It might seem that 6 x 6 sheets could be too small for working on a 12 x 12 background page. To solve this dilemma,  I cut one sheet of 6 x 6 into 4 pieces and left an even gap in between each one. You can make this gap as wide or as narrow as you want.giving the impression that the paper is bigger than 6 x 6.
I used a vertical paper arrangement to cover the space,
The paper pad comes with two sheets of each paper. One of the patterns has a doily cluster that I wanted to use twice, but they had the banners at the bottom of the doily, pointing to the left. I wanted to use this doily cluster on the opposite side of my page, but I had the problem of the banners pointing to the left. To solve this problem, I cut the banners off, rotated the doily  so that the part I had cut off could be tucked behind the photo mat, and then I reattached the banners. These then covered the horizontal gaps in my paper.
The 6 x 6 pads are ideal for cutting shapes like banners. Because the print is smaller,  you can retain more of the pattern on your small shaped pieces.

Before I glued all my papers and embellishments down I inked them all with a black ink pad to give them a little more definition.

Wendy also has a great page and a giveaway to share with you on today's post
All supplies for the layout can be found in the Papermaze shop

Phew quite a long post from me but if you made it this far Thankyou so much for reading and as always I would love to hear any comments you make.
Toodle Pip X

 
 



4 comments:

  1. Wow!! This is GORGEOUS!! I love love love love the layers, the colors and loving that banner!! Great way to use up those 6x6 papers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your page Tracee!! I have so many 6x6 pads and it is fun to pull them out to use on layouts!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness Tracee, another great layout that you have done for Papermaze blog you are a great addition to the DT.
    I have made a page inspired by the sketch you posted on 18th October and thought I would show it to you, hope you like it.
    http://scrapbooking-fortheloveofpaper.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/sketch-time.html
    I love that I have found your blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found this on Pinterest...its stunning Tracee! Can I share on Page Drafts FB page? I;d love to add it into the followers album :))

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your lovely comments