Thursday 31 January 2013

CSI case file 56 - solved

I think this weeks has to be my favourite case file to date, and the inspiration from the DT over at CSI was second to none! I highly recommend you go check them out
I really wanted to use the coordinates this week, Michele does such a fantastic job with them, but I got started on this layout and it went a totally different way to what I had first envisaged.
This was the case to crack this week
And here is how I solved it
My youngest who does pole fitness had the opportunity of a 50's style pole photo shoot and I am taking full advantage of the pictures!
I have been slowly doing her an album for her 21st which is in 2 weeks ack!!
and this is layout 20 of 21 the last one will be a picture of her actually on the day itself.
I hope she will like it
Anyways back to this layout
For my Evidence I used
Strings
Dangle something
Something translucent
Packet of little bits
Plain card stock
For my Testimony 
Here I have a confession to make, for some reason I thought one of the inspiration words was "shine", hence my title and my journaling (which is a note to Poppy that is in the little envelope dangling from the large chipboard star). I have no clue why I thought this but I did lol
I also used the tag on a string prompt 
Inside the envelope I wrote a short letter to Poppy telling her to always be optimistic and she will always shine in whatever she undertakes
I made a small shaker packet from a doily and vellum that holds punched stars and sequins. I stitched around the centre with my sewing machine to hold all the bits in place
On the right hand side I layered up another painted chipboard star with some vellum, I love the way it creates a soft shadow behind the star.
I also used a mask and some gesso behind the pictures for some more texture.

Once again I want to say Happy Birthday CSI & thankyou to the great team over there!
Toodle Pip xx












5 comments:

  1. Wow!!! This is AWESOME!!! Love this layout and photo so much! Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is completely amazing- such a striking, dramatic layout. LOVE!!

    xErin

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous!!! I loveeeeeeeee that photo, the stars and film strips!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My new favorite! So elegant and dramatic. Love all the white and those pops of color. As always, every little bit is perfectly placed. Love the little stars inside the vellum. Poppy looks so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful Tracee - such dramatic photos and showcased really beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your lovely comments