Sunday 28 September 2014

Dabbling in Mixed Media

Right now I am here with these guys...... relaxing and crafting the day away

 
I was scrolling through my facebook feed when I came across this challenge by the Mixed Media Place
The challenge immediately appealed to me as this holiday has a very special place in my heart. There is nothing better than being close to the shore and for 2 weeks each year we are lucky enough to able to spend time here.
I found this shell on the beach this morning and when it was opened looked just like the shape of a heart. The title of the song by Sting -  Shape of my heart, its kinda how I feel about it here.
I havn't dabbled a great deal in Mixed Media, I don't know why because I really enjoy it!
 
 
 
 
I just love how this turned out!
I didn't do anything to the shells themselves apart from a coating of decoupage glue, they have this lovely gold sheen to them. I embossed the heart shape that I drew and pressed the shells into it.
I used lots of different mists and some wax pastel crayons that I didn't even realise I had until I was clearing out my craftroom for the big refit.
I hope you like my take on the challenge
Toodle Pip
 

5 comments:

  1. what a good idea to use The shells of molds! beautiful work of mixed media!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful project, love the shell! Magda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beaitiful project!! Thank you for joining the Mixed Media Place challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm... I love this background and your idea with heart made of shells. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning! Love the colors, the textures and the idea! So unique! Thank you for joining the Mixed Media Place challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your lovely comments