Monday 31 August 2015

My Scraps & More August Sketch

After watching a YouTube video from the very talented Missy Widden, I was inspired to play along over at My Scraps & More, with their August sketch and I am only just in time to upload this.
The sketch included a free hexagon background cut file, I manipulated it a little to suit my needs and here is my layout.
 
Cherish scrapbook layout Tracee Provis my scraps & more bo bunny youre invited 2 crafty chipboard 01

 
This was the sketch for an 81/2 x 11 page but also included the free cut file for 12 x 12
 
 
 
 
I used one of Bo Bunny's latest collections - You're Invited as you can see it's colourful yet slightly muted tones, I think it's one of my most favourite collections of theirs ever.
 
Cherish scrapbook layout Tracee Provis my scraps & more bo bunny youre invited 2 crafty chipboard 02
 
 
I used some chipboard words from 2Crafty Chipboard and an Owl puffy sticker that I have had in my stash for a long time.
I used Missy's technique with the packaging to add a little mixed media to my page, I will be using this technique more often as its a great way to add the inks/mists etc to your page in a more controlled manner.
 
Cherish scrapbook layout Tracee Provis my scraps & more bo bunny youre invited 2 crafty chipboard 03
 
 
I added some journaling to a tag and tucked it to the side of my photo, ths layout is about my rather old deaf 18 year old cat called Hilda, she loves to let you pick her up........as long as there is food at the end of it!
Another old item of stash that I used were the gold photo corners I have had them so long it appears they have come back into fashion again lol.
I really enjoyed creating this layout its been ages since I played around with hexagons!
Toodle Pip x

4 comments:

  1. I love all the ink spots you included and how you doodled around the hexagon edges. Great job with the sketch and cut file! Sweet kitty, too. :) Thanks for joining us at My Scraps & More sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! Love the colors you used. Thanks for playing along with MS&M!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such wonderful colors and patterns! Love the stitching and the embellies! And that adorable photo! Thanks for joining us at My Scraps and More Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the subject (I love cats!) and layout!
    BTW I have a doggie who is 15+ years old and she is deaf and blind!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your lovely comments